Sunday, April 6, 2014

Join Me On The Tilt-A-Whirl?

I'd like to open with this...I'm terrible at this blogging thing. I set one up, get on a roll for a while, then it falls off the face of the Earth. However, here's where I stand with this blog. Since I went "public" on Facebook today with the information about my diagnosis, I've received a great deal of encouragement from people. Texts, phone calls, comments...they've all come through and I'm beyond blessed. I want to make sure that everyone who has been so kind and loving on this journey so far has the opportunity to get updates. So I'm reaaaaaaaaaally going to try and make this blog work.

But this blog isn't just for you guys (no offense...much love). It's for me. It's the chance for me to get it all out there. Today, I had a bunch of people tell me that they had no idea. That I've done a great job of hiding the constant spinning. While that can be a wonderful thing when used properly, I want people to know that they can talk to me about it. That I'm happy to answer questions and share my journey. People don't realize how much something so "hidden" can really affect a person. Which leads me to my third and final point.

This blog is also for people who are going on this journey, or one very similar. After my diagnosis, I jumped online and did as much research as possible. There's a whole heap of medical journals, doctor speak, and stuff like that. But there isn't a lot on the people. The one's that live with this every day. The people that have to pretend like they can get through the day without feeling as though they're going to revisit breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The people that like things quiet and have a small heart attack with every loud noise because their vertigo flares up and all of a sudden we're doing forward rolls down a hill. This blog is for my SCDS peeps (shout out!).

We're in this together folks. Join me on my tilt-a-whirl. But I'm planning on getting off that ride soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment