Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm Scared...

As I went in to work today, a number of people said to me, "Why are you here this week?" The answer is simple...I have to be busy. 

This weekend, I had the opportunity to really prepare. My hospital bag was checked off and packed. I planned out what I needed to do. I created a schedule and asked questions and tried to coordinate visitors and meals and so on and so forth. But all that busy work surrounding preparation made me realize something...I'm scared. 

I want people to realize that I appreciate the encouragement and the positive, forward thinking. Those are all VERY good things and VERY necessary things. However, sometimes I just need to be reassured that it's ok to be scared. That what's happening is scary and that what I'm feeling is normal. Normalizing can be a very comforting thing. 

As the six has now become three and, in just a few short hours, will become two, I'm allowing myself to feel that healthy level of nervousness and fear, all the while realizing what a wonderful thing I have to look forward to. But I can be scared and happy all at once, right?

Get ready, carnival. This girl is ready to go home.

Just looking at this picture makes me spin...so done with this ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment